Scale Look-To-Book Ratio for Online Travel Agent System
A large international tour operator provides 24-hour services to its travel agents and Internet shoppers on HPE NonStop servers. Utilizing the Internet, the tour operator’s business grew and look-to-book ratios increased several-hundred fold.
The search query volume carried such a heavy load that the system ran out of capacity. The tour operator needed to scale-out the query system to a multi-node, distributed solution.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Data Integration for integrating heterogeneous systems
- Scale query load capacity in a master-subordinate relationship, replicating from the HPE NonStop booking system to both NonStop and Windows query “looking” systems
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Asymmetric Capacity Expansion Architecture
- Queries scale to handle varying volumes
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by leveraging commodity systems for Internet queries
- Increased availability with characteristics similar to an active/active architecture
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase DIAI Basic (SKU BE443AC)
- HPE Other Server Shadowbase DIAI Basic (SKU WSA51V6T2)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and ask how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Brief: