Prevent Fraudulent Activity for Online Banking
A European banking application running on HPE NonStop systems provides online account access to customers. Fraud occurs and is difficult to identify and prosecute – the intent to commit a crime is not sufficient, the crime must actually be attempted for prosecution. Fraudulent financial activity is increasing in the region, particularly in online banking.
This situation is costing the bank a lot of money. The bank has had limited success assisting authorities in prosecuting the fraud.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Application Integration to integrate in real-time the HPE NonStop online banking activity with a Linux-based fraud-scoring application, to detect and prevent fraud before it occurs
- Enable the prosecution of the crime by demonstrating actual attempted fraud
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Big Data Operational Analytics Architecture
- Reduced costs from fraudulent activity
- Crimes using the online application are easier to identify, prosecute, and have a higher conviction rate
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase DIAI Basic (SKU BE443AC)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase DIAI Adv (SKU BE444AL)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and ask how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Briefs: