Migrate Casino Application Environments with Zero Downtime
A casino manages all aspects of its business (gaming, hotel operations, restaurants, etc.) on HPE NonStop systems. As part of a major upgrade, the casino developed several new applications, restructured their databases, and changed the schema of their Enscribe files and SQL tables.
The casino needed to implement the new applications and database formats in a new platform environment. The casino required 24/7 application availability and could not accept any downtime during the migration.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) to create, synchronize, and test the new application and database environment
- Migrate users to the new environment while keeping the old and new environments synchronized with application services available while the migration takes place
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) Architecture
- Maintained revenue and ensured zero loss of service during the upgrade
- Avoided a high risk big-bang approach, scaling up the new environment’s load over time
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Replication (SKU BE441AC)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Advanced Data Replication (SKU BE442AL)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Compare (SKU BE445AC)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and ask how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Briefs: