Continuous Application Availability for Merchant Services
A major bank provides credit and debit card processing for its merchant customers.
The bank needed to ensure its merchant services were highly reliable, continuously available, and able to survive any system or data center failure with rapid failover for the affected users. Hurricane activity periodically threatens one of the bank’s datacenters.
- Run multiple copies of the application on separate systems, and use HPE Shadowbase bi-directional data replication to synchronize all database changes across the application environments
- Assign each customer to a specific application environment in a partitioned manner to avoid data collisions
- Failover as necessary when disaster occurs or preemptively as hurricanes threaten their datacenters
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Active/Active “Partitioned” Business Continuity Architecture
- Created a geographically fault tolerant solution with continuous application availability
- Improved and simplified failover testing
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Replication (SKU BE441AC)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Advanced Data Replication (SKU BE442AL)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Compare (SKU BE445AC)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and ask how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Papers:
Related Solution Briefs: