Executive Vice President’s Letter
Paul J. Holenstein,
Executive Vice President
Welcome to our Spring 2018 Shadowbase Products Group Newsletter! Thank you for your continued interest in HPE Shadowbase software.
These past winter and spring seasons have been busy for us. We are constantly being asked to discuss foolproof ways we can assist our existing and potential/new customers with upgrading to the latest HPE Shadowbase releases either from an older Shadowbase release or an existing replication solution. Enterprises require low-risk, low-cost, minimal effort, and reliable ways for upgrading to HPE Shadowbase.
To assist with these efforts, we recently published a detailed white paper on how to do just that – switch from your current replication engine (including older versions of HPE Shadowbase software), to the latest version of HPE Shadowbase software, with little or no downtime, while continuing application services and minimizing migration risk. For more information on several strategies, please see our white paper, Switching Replication Engines with Zero Downtime and Less Risk. Leverage a software or hardware refresh cycle to provide the safest migration method available.
We have also been quite busy enhancing the HPE Shadowbase feature set, with new and future features in the following areas:
- Further improvements that simplify migrating from Oracle GoldenGate or Attunity Replicate to HPE Shadowbase, including additional BASE24™ Classic “CAF Full Refresh” support (please see Shadowbase Support Tips), an Enscribe DDL Flattener and SQL Table Create Utility, and more sophisticated data transformation, cleansing, filtering, and conversion support.
- Further improvements that simplify migrating from RDF to HPE Shadowbase, including a new reverse replication cut-off feature (giving uni-directional RDF customers peace of mind when they upgrade to Shadowbase bi-directional environments).
Note that RDF will be heading into the “Mature” state later this year, and HPE account teams should work with their customer base to start planning for an HPE Shadowbase upgrade soon.
- Shadowbase has been fully certified on the new Virtualized NonStop systems.
- Shadowbase support for DB2 as a replication source, including DB2 on the IBM z/OS platform.
- Shadowbase Oracle source support for Oracle tenant and container databases and multiplexed log files.
- Additional enhancements in our Shadowbase Zero Data Loss (ZDL) synchronous replication offering.
For details on these new features and the content of future releases, please see Shadowbase Development. Always keep in mind that delivery dates and capabilities for future functionality are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice.
In response to requests for higher-level HPE Shadowbase solution descriptions, Gravic recently published a new Use Case website section on the most popular HPE Shadowbase use cases in the following categories:
- Business continuity (active/passive, sizzling-hot-takeover, and fully active/active)
- Data integration (including feeding a data warehouse, big data solutions, and how to integrate HPE Shadowbase into an existing RDF business continuity environment)
- Application integration (building real-time fraud detection and sales integration solutions)
- Zero downtime migration (avoiding planned downtime)
- Zero data loss environments (avoiding data loss when catastrophic failure occurs)
- Asymmetric capacity expansion
The use cases solve data replication and integration problems for various financial, industrial, healthcare, and telecommunication enterprises. We will be expanding these sections with additional use case solutions. Please let us know what you think and/or what additional content you would like to see.
It has been a busy tradeshow season as well. We hope that you were either able to meet with us or plan to attend and meet with us at one of the regional meetings or global conferences:
- In March we attended both the regional SunTUG event in Tampa, Florida and the HPE APACS MCS Boot Camp in Macau (along with more than 1,200 HPE regional employees) to discuss our latest offerings and how HPE Shadowbase can satisfy various customer needs for data replication.
- At the end of April/beginning of May, we will hold local meetings in Bangkok, Jakarta, and Singapore. These meetings are special since we will meet with the HPE account teams to discuss HPE Shadowbase sales training and business development. We will also meet with selected regional customers to discuss how HPE Shadowbase can satisfy their business challenges. Please contact us if you would like to set up similar meetings with your HPE sales, pre-sales, and solution architect teams.
- If you are attending the May GTUG event in Leipzig, Germany, please stop by our booth and/or attend one of our presentations. We look forward to meeting you and sharing ideas regarding how the HPE Shadowbase product suite can provide solutions to your most pressing business issues for business continuity, data integration and synchronization, and application integration.
- If you are located in any of the following regions, please plan to attend and stop by and see us to discuss your data replication needs at NENUG (Andover, Massachusetts in May), NYTUG (New York City area in May), or N2TUG (Dallas, Texas in June).
- For these events, please see Shadowbase Spring Tradeshow Events for the schedule, or our full list of 2018 tradeshows or contact us to request a more personal meeting to address your specific topics.
We also hope that you enjoy reading our latest published white paper and articles. We appreciate your interest in our products. Please contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
With warm regards,
Paul J. Holenstein
Executive Vice President
Shadowbase Product Group
Please reference our Newsletter Disclaimer.